You just got a job and you are about to be the “newbie” at work. Use these steps to rock your first days and weeks on the job.
- Getting Hired:
- You checked out the company, and you can get behind what they are all about. You interviewed well and got the job! Well done, now on to step 2!
- Know your role:
- Ask questions, make sure they give your job description, be curious, learn and talk through expectations.
- During orientation take notes. Ask about their systems and processes.
- Don’t be a know it all!
- Process, listen, and take notes.
- Meet the Team:
- If you are a new manager, meet with your team. Do one on ones!! This is a must. Ask them their goals, what they like most about working there, and how you can be a great boss for them! You want them to succeed, so make sure that comes across.
- If you are a new employee: Go around and introduce yourself to the team you are apart of, smile, and have a great attitude!
- Personalize your workspace:
- Big or small, bring in something that will show people a little bit of your personality. Your role is to do your job well, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get to know your people around you. You spend a lot of hours at work, so be you.
- You won’t be a newbie forever:
- This is just a season, soon you will understand why people complain about certain things and you will be right there with them, but keep the honeymoon stage as long as you can. It will give your other employees and team members another perspective. And work will be more enjoyable for you too!
Put up quotes in your office, anything that will motivate you and others. Be positive. Try to say yes as much as possible.
And remember, you want your new employer to be happy they hired you!
Fill out the Form below to get your FREE “How To Be a Great Newbie” PDF